From the manufacturer
In a world seemingly ruled by digital, Korg created an analog sensation with the palm-sized monotron Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer. Today, Korg’s next analog innovation came in the form of the monotribe Analog Ribbon Station; a new form of synthesizer that packs an amazing array of features and technology. Monotribe shares the monotron’s analog DNA, yet quickly delves deeper into the rich, organic, and often chaotic world of analog synthesis. In addition to analog synthesis, monotribe brings together intuitive ease of use and a three-part discrete analog rhythm section, plus the proven appeal of Electribe-style step sequencing. Complete with built-in speakers and battery power, monotribe is self-contained and highly portable, able to deliver your ideas with style and personality.
The monotribe’s sound engine uses technology old and new, merging the powerful sound of analog synthesis with the dexterity and playability required in today’s groove making environments. Analog technology is essential for fast and responsive control, delivering the full sonic spectrum from warm and easy going to full-throttle rampage.
The monotribe provides a three-part rhythm section powered by discrete analog circuitry; bass drum, snare, and hi-hat. These three sounds were the key elements in a generation of analog beat making, and are still in demand today. Use these powerful drum sounds to generate distinctive beats attainable only from the monotribe.
- The powerful sound of true analog synthesis
- Powerful, intuitive design makes sound design fast and fun
- 3-part analog drums, using discrete analog circuitry
- Popular Electribe-style sequencing
- Active Step and Flux features for realtime dynamic loop manipulation
- Advanced multi-function ribbon keyboard; Chromatic, Continuous, & Wide modes
- Auto-tuning provides stable pitch for accurate chromatic playability
- Selectable oscillator waveform, noise generator, and versatile LFO
- Uses the same VCF (filter) circuit as the classic MS-10/MS-20
- Sync In & Out jacks allows synchronized integration with multiple units
- Battery operation, built-in speaker and compact size deliver on-the-go groove-making